Friday, November 10, 2006

The word "girlfriend"

I can't seem to understand why it is some people have a difficulty with the words girlfriend and boyfriend. It seems to be something that society's insecurities has amplified over time. I say this because in my earlier years, I don't remember it being as it is today. To me this is sad, because a byproduct of this behaviour is an element of game playing. Not huge, but a big part of game playing is a lack of honesty. See the connection? How many of you ever thought at the so important fork in the road of dating someone......... do they or don't they?

The first time the word gets used, there is an undeniable bridge which gets crossed. Really though, the bridge was crossed before the word was uttered. It's just that hearing it reinforces what already is.

For me, feeling strongly for a woman and being mutually exclusive with her makes her my girlfriend. In the case of R, this seemed to occour quite quickly. Criteria: strong feelings? Oh my yes! and Exclusivity? To me she is the only woman in the word. Of course this all caused me much joy. :-) I would think it's always a two way street, but perhaps not. Either way, a typical perspective from me.........a strong and clear one.

The thing of it is, I can't play games. I can probably count on one hand the number of times someone was able to complain that they didn't know what I was truely thinking. I know I know, not great for the mystery factor, but it's who I am.

I was planning on blogging on a ton of other stuff tonight but it came up last night, so I thought I'd take the opportunity while it was still fresh in my mind.

Tonight I have what will be a quick and lame council meeting for my complex. Then my, what is becoming, nightly conversation with R. It' so wonderful to wish her pleasant dreams every thing. Thank you Skype!

This is a routine I'm really digging. Oh, and usually after we get off the phone, I send her what will be her morning song to wake up to. I love her reactions to the things I do for her. The other night she was ending what was a bad day, so in an attempt to cheer her up, I filled her in a couple of surprises I was working on for her. I know, it wrecked the surprises, but I loved hearing her get happy with my comments. Totally made my night.

Tomorrow morning I'm back up to Whistler to continue on the kitchen. Probably this will be a few days. I'm actually looking forward to it as I'm kinda enjoying the seclusion up there.

I'm probably going back to Chicago for next weekend. Oh HAPPINESS!! (and lust.....ahem)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello 'this Man' :)

You're SO sweet!

I couldnt stop smiling reading the little things you did for R and listening to your lovely innocently fresh feelings for her.

Okay! I'm feeling absolutley fantastic reading your post.

I guess love is so joyful and blissful that even though I'm about 30,000 miles away from you both, still I can breathe the sweet fragrance of your love brewing. :)

Om said...

I gotta cavity! HAHA!

Saying you are someone's bf or gf anymore is like you are cursing .. What the hell has become of this world! I have encountered the same! There are so many men (and maybe 2 women haha) that will service you but don't put a cute title on it.. that might be forshadowing a relationship for god sakes! How dare thee! But hey, risk pregnancy and STD's but god forbid--- not marriage! Pfffttttt///


Glad to hear you call her what she is! GIRLFRIEND! And put her in the hierarchy of your relationships... KUDOS!!!!!!!!!