Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Back to Chicago!!!

I up got this morning at seven to load up the truck up and head home. Mother nature, as it would appear, was fighting me on this.



In the order of appearance, this is what I dealt with:

Extreme fresh snow on the road

having to dodge snow plows

intense rain, the likes which render wipers useless

wind like I never saw before (more on that later)

Upon getting into town I had two meetings to go to for potential jobs. They seemed to go well.

This followed by a visit to a friends place who was nice enough to take my dogs last minute for my trip to see the lovely R. this weekend!

Then home.

Upon tuning on the radio, I learned that the highway to Whistler was closed very shortly after I made the trip down. I was thinking while driving a quarter of the actual speed limit that many of the trees in this area look like they could come down. Well....... seems the J man had it right.

Upon arrival at home and taking out the boys for a quickie, yep you guessed it, my power goes out! Perfect!!

Luckily it didn't last too long and I was able to get up and running again with various tasks involving consumption of our natural resources. ;-)

In the morning I'm back on a flight to Toronto and then a connector to Chicago to see my precious angel. God am I crazy about this woman. On this visit, we'll have three full days together, unlike last time's 18 hours. I'm so excited I probably won't be able to sleep well. Who the fuck cares, the last time I saw her I had like zero sleep in over two days. The excitement was such a natural high, my lack of sleep didn't seem to be a factor.

1 comment:

Om said...

OMG! AWESOME! Oh I hope you guys are having fun! I am sure of it! So glad for you two!