Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election day

And oh do I hope and pray there is a shift in the government of the country to my south which possesses many of my favourite places on this earth. I won't bother getting into my leanings because I'm sure they're obvious.

Last evening R and I spoke on the phone, through skype (which is starting to be a nightly thing and something I look so forward to) about a number of things *wink wink*. One topic which was covered was the travel schedule in our future. We talked about the weekend coming up which will have me going to visit her in Chicago. MUCH EXCITEMENT! Then we chatted about the idea of her being here for New Years. How wonder would that be! The two of us walking the romantic snow covered pathways though the ski resort of Whistler. I can just envision us playing in the snow, taking pictures of each other making snow angels, and playing with the dogs.

It'll be so nice to see her around the holidays, as that's when you really should be spending time with those who matter most to you.

For me Christmas will be a commuting affair, which it normally is. The eve will be at my sister's place with her family, dad and his wife. My sister has two young daughters who I've really only gotten very close with in the last couple of years. This is due to some difficulties she and I went through round the time of her two pregnancies. Either way, we're past it now, and I was able to see them occasionally when they were young. This is the first born in her first year. Shockingly cute, no?



I'm not one to be so into Christmas, but I think this year will be kinda neat as my two nieces are at the perfect age to understand perfectly what it is but not be too old to suspect something might be up. Should be fun. If R has a chance to meet them, I think she'll just gush with how cute they are.

hmmm... what else..... Today I saw, what was without question, the most spectacular rainbow my eyes ever witnessed. It was as I drove back from the store while in the south end of the Whistler valley. Later on my way home, I stopped into the village for a panini and passed a professional photographer who had his camera out. Seeing that there was no doubt about what he was doing there, I just asked "Did you get it?". "No, just missed it by the time I got my gear ready!". He went on to say that this was the brightest rainbow he ever witnessed. Coming from a pro, that's quite a statement. He and I went on to talk about how at one point he and I were able to see BOTH ends of th rainbow touching the ground, not 50 meters from us. I too didn't have my camera when it mattered. But I do feel lucky to have at least seen it and been able to write a first hand account.

You can only imagine what it would've looked like. Standing with the sunshine to my back, looking north up the valley, were it was still storming hard. The rainbow couldn't have been wider than a couple of city blocks. sigh.......

2 comments:

e.e. said...

And you were there.
You were there, and YOU witnessed it.
How is that not the most amazing thing? I think that moment...
that energy...was speaking to you, my friend.
What I would like to know is, are you willing to tell us what it said????
;)

Om said...

that is a gorgeous baby! Woo wee! Chicago! Right on!