Sunday, October 29, 2006

Winnipeg

Today is a wonderfully lazy day. I woke up feeling all refreshed. Ryan, his wife and I had breakfast together, crepes by yours truly. They had some strawberries and whipped cream, so it was a slightly nicer crepe experience than I usually partake in. Following this Ryan and I went to the local coffee shop in his area of Winnipeg to play only our second game of Scrabble this weekend. I'm sure we'll do at least one more. Now I'm back in his kitchen sitting at his peninsula countertop blogging and looking out at the late autumn snow fall. Most calming.

While at the coffee shop I called a coffee I called a flower shop close to R.'s in Chicago so I could have a little gesture of my interest in her on her door step this afternoon. I so hope it works out and that she is not out at the store or something the moment the flower delivery person rings the buzzer.

Friday night when I got to Winnipeg, the three of us went to a crazy (I can't think of another word to describe it) old steak house. The place was like something out of the fifties; red carpet, red bankets, dark wall, only female serves wearing nurse style red dresses with the nurse white shoes, and a classic awning out the front which you'd think would protect the mob boss from the elements as he got out of his black town care with tinted windows. The quality of the food was medium at best considering the prices. Craziest thing was the first course option of the all inclusive meal was chilled tomato juice or clam chowder. Bizarre.

R. and I have spoken numerous times since we parted ways in Chicago and all is so wonderful and exciting. I'm going to get into this deeper later today I think, but for now I'm being a bad house guest and must return to the party so to speak.

1 comment:

Om said...

Oh my.. you got something going on in that heart! And you are a more regular blogger!

Snow! Holy crap! So glad I am not that far North! We had a wind storm Saturday and that was more than enough 'weather' for me!