Saturday, October 28, 2006

Little sleep and much excitement

It's 8.30 am Toronto time and I'm sitting at gate 141 of Pearson's Terminal 1 awaiting boarding of flight 255 to Winnipeg. Really this is the first time I've had a chance to do any writing since my little adventure in Paw Paw's first snow storm of the year.

This trip so far has been just amazing. I can't believe how wonderfully it has been. Largely due to my short 24 hours in Chicago. After that all night drive I pulled into downtown, found parking and went to the first cafe with wi fi I could find. I proceeded to down a much needed latte and muffin in an attempt to regain some energy. Mild success, but I was still bagged. Never have I ever had such blood shot eyes. Unfortunately I didn't take a good picture, but later today I'll try to post the best thing I had.

In downtown I parked below the millenium park plaza, which is a green space towards the lake which is dotted with the most beautiful sculptures. This is because it's part the Chicago art Institute. I'll post some pics of this as well. Later I walked around the city, which included a short stop into my church.......er.....I mean...... the Chicago Apple Store ;-) .

I suppose it's not actually so interested how tiring a few hours of walking can be on no sleep in over 24 hours. Just into the early afternoon I found a Whole Foods in what was no doubt a wickedly expensive neighbourhood on the edge of downtown just north of the canal. Damn did I need some good food in me and Whole Foods is great for that though you do pay for it. While enjoying my lovely organic salad, I whipped out the macbook to see if I could pick up a network in what was obviously a very connected area. Well half of that was true. I couldn't get an unprotected network even though there were more networks my computer was picking up than I'd ever seen before. Probably 80 or so. Wow.

After lunch I went back to the car to see the city by road. My route took me up Shoreline into the Lake View area where I spent the next couple of hours. It's such a nice area. Perhaps a cross between South Granville and Main Street, but times 20 in size. Along the way I tried to grab some sleep in the little Hyundia. I was only able to get a half hour, before I woke up.

Shortly after I hooked up with my friend at her work. We went to her place with is just north of Lake View, about 5 miles out of downtown. The rest of the day was spent there making dinner and getting acquainted. Though I had a suspicion we'd hit it off, I had no idea it would be as it was.

2 comments:

Om said...

Sounds interesting .. the last part. HAHA! The Tool ...oops I mean Apple Church, LOL!

I soo have to go to the one in NYC! When I saw it was being modelled after The Louve it put me in awe!

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a Tool Church HAHAHA! I suppose Alex Grey's place is kinda that.. Oh, I need to go to NYC soon!

Unknown said...

THANK to the author of this site and Dr great oshogum for all he have done in my life, I messy I lost my relationship during MAY i suspected my ex was into another relationship i could not talk to him about it or even contact a spell caster to help me because of how much i love him and his promise of marrying me. i was scared of losing him after some time J. peter left me with so many pains and with pregnancy to another woman since then i have been heart broken and shattered. Now i was left with no option than contact a spell caster because i do love my husband. so, I contacted like 5 spell casters and they ask of money but i was so afraid that they might get me rip of my money . I have Emailed so many sites online looking for a good spell caster till i was directed by mum husband (MR LONGER DUKE) to great Dr oshogum because Dr oshogum him help him to get his wife back some times past. so when i contacted Dr oshogum with (+2348189075265
via email oshogumspelltemple@live.com), At first i never believed him because he was requesting for some amount of money to buy items after he consulted his great and powerful god, it took me three weeks be convinced by MR LONGER DUKE and something occur to my mind and i said let me give him a trial.
I was very shocked when j. peter called me four days after i sent Dr oshogum the items money. He apologies for all he has done wrong and i should allow him back to my heart. sincerely i am very happy that we are together today because he proposed to me last night. sir the great Dr i am very grateful and happy for what you have done for me. I will advise you my friends out there who have emotional problems or health to contact him now via email oshogumspelltemple@live.com because he has done wonders in my life and i believe he can help you out in any problem.
contact him now with +2348189075265 OR via email oshogumspelltemple@live.com

contact him now with +2348189075265
via email oshogumspelltemple@live.com

POSTED by messy